About Gina Rubinsky, Psychologist, M.Ed., O.P.Q., K.Y.T.
Gina Rubinsky is a registered psychologist in private practice, Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Facilitator and Certified Kripalu Yoga Teacher. She has been specializing in the area of mindfulness based stress reduction and pain management for the last 20 years in Montreal and Ottawa. She created Living Arts in 2000 which provides private counselling, individual and group yoga classes, mindfulness based stress reduction programs as well as retreats and workshops to individuals as well as organizations, educational institutions, community groups and businesses throughout the Montreal area.
Gina was amongst the first to introduce the MBSR program to Montreal in 2000 after having completed an internship at the University of Massachusetts Center for Mindfulness in Worcester Massachusetts. As an intern in training, under the direction of Jon Kabat-Zinn, the creator of the program, she was committed to sharing its benefits in Montreal upon her return.
Her private practice offers mindfulness based psychotherapy, lifestyle counselling, stress and pain management, private and group yoga sessions, retreats as well as individualized MBSR programs.
Gina is deeply inspired and committed to sharing what she has learned from her experience of mindfulness practice to support individuals in coming into contact with their own inner resources for healing. She feels privileged to continue to witness its powerful role in cultivating well-being and self-empowerment in the many individuals she has worked with over the years.
Professional Certifications and Trainings:
- Master of Education in Counselling: McGill University, Montreal
- Individual Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Certificate: Argyle Institute, Montreal
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Teacher Certification: Center for Mindfulness, University of Massachusetts Medical Health Care Center, Worcester, Massachusetts
- Certified Kripalu Yoga Teacher: Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health, Lenox, Massachusetts
- Professional Training in the Management of Chronic Pain: Quebec Order Of Psychologists, Montreal