About Gina Rubinsky, Psychologist, M.Ed., O.P.Q., K.Y.T.
Gina Rubinsky is a registered psychologist in private practice, Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Facilitator and Certified Kripalu Yoga Teacher. She has been specializing in the area of mindfulness based stress reduction and pain management for the last years in Montreal and Ottawa. She created Living Arts in 2000 which provides private counselling, individual and group yoga classes, mindfulness based stress reduction programs as well as retreats and workshops to individuals as well as organizations, community groups and businesses throughout the Montreal area.
Gina was amongst the first to introduce the MBSR program to Montreal in 2000 after having completed her certification as a Kripalu yoga teacher and a two month internship at the University of Massachusetts Center for Mindfulness in Worcester Massachusetts. As an intern in training, she experienced the original program first hand as it was originally designed by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn at the Stress Reduction Clinic where the program began in the mid 1970’s.
Her private practice offers mindfulness based psychotherapy, lifestyle counselling, stress and pain management, private yoga sessions as well as individual MBSR programs.
Gina is deeply inspired and committed to sharing what she has learned from her experience of mindfulness practice to support individuals in coming into contact with their own inner resources for healing. She feels priviledged to continue to witness its powerful role in cultivating well-being and self-empowerment in the many individuals she has worked with over the years.
Professional Certifications and Trainings:
- Master of Education in Counselling: McGill University, Montreal
- Individual Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Certificate: Argyle Institute, Montreal
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Teacher Certification: Center for Mindfulness, University of Massachusetts Medical Health Care Center, Worcester, Massachusetts
- Certified Kripalu Yoga Teacher: Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health, Lenox, Massachusetts
- Professional Training in the Management of Chronic Pain: Quebec Order Of Psychologists, Montreal